49 Things to Be Grateful for Living in San Francisco’s 49 Miles
1. Baker Beach!
2. Sundays at Dolores Park (and Saturdays…and weekdays).
Related: 7 Fun Picnic Spots in San Francisco Perfect for Indian Summer
3. And the 200+ other fabulous parks when Dolores gets too crowded…
4. Countless cool stairway walks.
Related: 5 Outdoor to Exercise in San Francisco
5. The views!
Related: The 15 Most Incredible Views in the Bay Area
6. Dedication to public art: street art, murals, installations (Bay Lights, Venus, Conservatory Photosynthesis, just to name a few…).
Related: 7 Bay Area Artists You Need to Know Right Now
7. Creative cuisine from all over the world.
Related: 7 Restaurants in San Francisco You Must Try This Fall
8. Craft cocktails and beer.
Related: Where to Drink Outside in SF During Indian Summer
9. The buildings, architecture, and ever growing skyline.
10. Civic duty! Shout out to the Civic Center.
11. Food truck paradise. #OffTheGrid is #OffTheHook.
12. Third Wave Coffee.
Related: 15 Coffee Shops to Visit in SF Before You Die
13.Shopping on Maiden Lane…or just window shopping.
Related: Small Business Saturday: Ultimate Guide to SF’s Best Boutique Shops
14. The Lakes: Merced, Stowe, Spreckles…
Related: 9 Fun Ways to Beat the San Francisco Heatwave
15. Iconic landmarks, like the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge, the Coit Tower, Sutro Tower…and many more.
16. The Robin Williams Tunnel.
17. No need for a car: BART, Muni…and most importantly, trollies and cable cars!
18. Or you can forego public transit altogether for more convenience…
19. The Mother of All Pride Parades.
Related: San Francisco Pride Guide: Celebrate LGBT Pride Like a Pro
20. Bay to Breakers, an unofficial San Francisco Holiday.
Related: 2012 Alaska Airlines Bay to Breakers: World’s Largest Costume Contest
21. “Only in SF” festivals and street fairs like Folsom, How Weird, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Stern Grove, and more…
22. Diversity, inclusivity, and a (mostly) woke populace.
23. The arts! (SFMOMA, de Young, Legion of Honor, Opera, Symphony, SHN, etc.)
24. Diverse and culturally rich neighborhoods like Haight-Ashbury, Chinatown, North Beach, the Castro, and Mission.
Related: 25 Reasons to Visit San Francisco’s Chinatown
25. History (by which we mean herstory).
Related: 6 Historic Homes You Need to Visit in San Francisco
26. Union Square!
27. The fact that Harbor Seals casually hang out here.
28. World-class local wine. Cheers!
Related: Celebrate Chardonnay Day: 9 Wine Bars in SF
29. Local produce and the Farmer’s Markets at the Ferry Building.
30. Treasure Island views and the flea markets.
31. Sometimes the Blue Angels fly around and it’s awesome.
Photo: Official U.S. Navy Page, Flickr, Creative Commons.
32.Ocean Beach, a bonfire and surfing haven.
Related: Surf City, San Francisco: A Guide to The Outer Sunset
33. Sourdough bread. Thank you “mother yeast.”
Photo: Monica, Flickr, Creative Commons.
34. Fresh Cioppino, which was created in San Francisco.
Related: 7 Best Crab and Lobster Rolls in the Bay Area
35. The best dogs ever. #DogFriendly
Related: The Ultimate Guide to Living in San Francisco With a Dog
36. Our many wonderful schools.
University of San Francisco. Photo: Michael Fraley, Flickr, Creative Commons
37. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi!
38. Drag queens: Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Heklina, and at one glorious point in time, Divine.
39. The fact that you never have to grow up here, thanks to an endless supply of barcades and booze-fueled antics. #NeverlandVibes.
Related: Game Over: San Francisco’s 7 Coolest Arcades
40. Our beloved SFO International Airport.
42. Cool bridges.
43. Nightlife, namely during the daytime.
44. Boba, baby.
Related: Boba and the City: Crawling San Francisco’s Best Bubble Tea Joints
45. Hometown sports: the Giants, Golden State Warriors, and the 49ers.
46. You can hike and do a nature getaway without leaving the City.
Related: 9 Best Hiking Trails in the San Francisco Bay Area
47. The fact that steep inclines at every corner will render your gym membership obsolete.
48. Proximity to amazing getaways: Lake Tahoe, Wine Country, Big Sur, the Central Coast, and much more.
Related: 11 Last Minute Road Trips Near San Francisco
49. The Dog Days of Indian Summer…with a chance of Karl, the Fog.