11 Quotes From Michelle Obama’s Inspiring Dreamforce Keynote
An estimated 170,000 people from around the world are gathering in San Francisco this week for Salesforce’s annual Dreamforce conference. This year the conference, which has featured heavyweight keynote speakers like Hillary Clinton and Melinda Gates, brought former First Lady Michelle Obama.
Thousands of attendees waited in line hours before she went on stage to hear her speak. These were some of her best quotes and messages.
1. You have to make sure your life is on point to be a change maker.
4. Self-care has been a critical part of my existence or success if you want to call it that. It’s not just about taking care of yourself, but it’s also about getting help and not being afraid to ask for help.
7. I think it’s not because men don’t want to do better: I think it’s hard for you to solve problems for us because you don’t know us that well. You’re still learning us. So you need us at the table, in very senior positions where we can be in those conversations that help you think about hiring and how to build an organizational culture that actually supports women and makes them want to stay.
10. I can’t waste this seat. I can’t just think about my kids and my future. It’s not enough that Malia and Sasha are okay when I know there are millions of other kids just like them who aren’t getting the break they need.
11. I want to make sure people know in their hearts that we live in a nation of really good people. And that includes the people who don’t like us, who don’t agree with us: they are decent people, trying to do the best they can for their families.